Welcome to the Irish Wildlife Trust’s marine themed photo competition in honour of World Oceans Day! All you need to know to enter and win is written below.
Terms and Conditions
- Photo must be entered by email to email@example.com. Please put “IWT Wild Oceans Photo Competition” in the Subject line of the email. Your email address will only be used by the IWT to contact you for the purposes of this photo contest. It will not be used for any other purpose or shared with any third party. By submitting your photographs you are agreeing to our terms set out below.
- When sending your photo(s), please include information on date and rough location (i.e. Bantry, West Cork) of the photograph(s) as well as a short description for each. We would also love to showcase Ireland's marine protected areas, so when you submit a photo let us know if your photos were taken inside one of Ireland's marine SACs or SPAs - you can check here https://natura2000.eea.europa.eu to see if it was.
- Images should be below 5MB in size and in jpeg format.
- All photos entered must be owned by the person entering.
- As this competition is showcasing the beauty of Irish marine wildlife we kindly request you only enter photos taken on the island of Ireland.
- We will not accept images of nests, eggs, fledglings or animals in cages, tanks and other forms of captivity.
- We may use your images throughout the contest to promote the competition. The winner’s photograph will also be published on our social media channels as well as our Irish Wildlife magazine.
- We accept images until 4 pm on June 30th. We will judge images based on content, to ensure they adhere to our above terms, and upload them to this website on a continuous basis between now and June 30th. The images will be made available for voting on July 1st.
- In order to vote, everyone can ‘like’ as many photos as they want. Voting will close at 4 pm on the 7th of July. The winner, the photograph that gets the most ‘likes’, will be contacted the next day via the email address provided during entry.
Have fun and best of luck!
The winner will be sent a copy of "Ireland's Hidden Depths" by Paul Kay and a brand new marine themed t-shirt (have a look at our shop here)! The winner’s photograph will also be published in our next Irish Wildlife magazine.
Please note that we can only send prizes to addresses in Ireland.