***This competitions is closed for entries***
WildArt Competition 2023
Express your creativity about Irish Wildlife by drawing, painting, building models or creating collages.
Theme: Autumn Woodland Wonders.
There are four age categories with a prize for the winner in each category. The age categories are 6 and under; 7 to 9; 10 to 12 and 13 to 16 years.
The prize for each winner is one wildlife book from our online shop, plus one year of Irish Wildlife Trust membership and a t-shirt from our online shop or organic range.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE COMPETITION IS 17:00 on the 3rd November.
Details of how to enter are below.
Step 1: Create a piece of art about an Irish scene, plant or animal from – or any combination of these – from an Irish woodland in autumn that inspires you. Don’t forget to document the process with some photos and have fun.
* Please remember: Be sure not to disturb birds on the nest or other animals.
Step 2: Select your age category. Your age for entry to the Competition is your age as of the competition closing date 3rd November.
- 6 and under
- 7 to 9
- 10 to 12
- 13 to 16 years
Step 3: Enter your art work before 17:00 on 3rd November.
Step 4: Email images of your artwork to us at email@example.com
Email Subject: WildArt
Email Info: Name, Age, and Address of artist(s) & a short description of your art (Short paragraph between 50 to 100 words)*not mandatory.
Entrants must send at least three photos of the artwork:
- One photo of the entrant with their artwork. This is for verification purposes and will not be shared publicly.
- One photo showing their entire artwork.
- One to three closer photos showing some detail of the work.
PLEASE TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR ARTWORK IN NATURAL LIGHT. Photos taken in dark or artificial light may not show colours correctly.
Uploading your work:
Image format: JPG or PNG
File size: Each uploaded photograph should be no bigger than 7 MB.
The closing date for entries to the WildArt Competition is 17:00 on 3rd November.
This date is final.
If your entry is received after this date, it will not be submitted to the judges.
Rules of Entry
- An entrant may submit one piece of artwork. Remember, each piece will require its own separate email entry as the title must be included in the email info.
- Siblings can enter together in the age category of the oldest child.
- Children of Irish Wildlife Trust staff, directors and competition judges will not be eligible to win a prize in the competition.
- Only residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland will be eligible to win a prize in the competition.
- If your entry is being considered for a prize, you may under certain circumstances be asked to submit proof of your age.
- The Judging Panel is responsible for the allocation of awards and the decision of the Judging Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision.
- The winners will be contacted by email and their names, ages and images of their artwork will be used in Irish Wildlife Trust publications and on IWT website and other media platforms, now or in the future. On submitting artwork, the parent/guardian of the participant grants the IWT a non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy and edit the submission for such purposes. Photographs of the winners will never be shared publicly without specific consent from the parents or guardians.
- The rules of the Competition may not be changed or modified and will be strictly applied.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE COMPETITION IS 17:00 on the 3rd November
Published on 05/10/23.